詹姆斯沃克尔组合密封-James walker Lion Expanding Packing
Lion Expanding Packing , Traditional, robust multi-lip packing Description
This heavy-duty packing set is highly proven on industry’s most arduous applications. It has a sealing lip profile that is specially developed to withstand the massive side loads and high pressure peaks encountered on forging presses and other large metal-forming plant.
It provides efficient sealing on heavy-duty hydraulic systems and also gives ‘bearing’
support to the ram — which is particularly beneficial when the ram is horizontal. The ‘bearing’ role is a very successful feature that relies on the use of deep rings of robust construction to provide radial support to a large ram. A Lion Expanding Packing set comprises a heavy-duty gland ring/female adapter, two or more intermediate rings, and a header ring. All sealing rings have double lips. A V-shape base on the intermediate rings ensures that the packing responds automatically to system pressure and gives wedging action under gland compression — which helps to keep equipment in service, even with worn bushes or rams.
The sealing rings are moulded with an interference fit on the lips to give effective sealing at low pressure, which is augmented when system pressure is applied. The gland ring has a heavily reinforced base to resist extrusion; and individual rings are of very robust proportions to resist distortion under heavy side loads and high pressure
• Robust multi-lip packing that withstands heavy side-loads and pressure peaks.
• Available in split form for major downtime savings.
• Tolerates aggressive working conditions to maintain plant efficiency.
• Extrusion resistant materials prevent seal damage in housing clearances.
• Available with Self-aligning Gland Ring (see page 39).
Traditional heavy-duty ram seal for forging presses where high side-loads and pressure peaks are encountered. Also for horizontal extrusion presses where the sealing rings will help to provide radial support.
• Maximum operating pressure: 62MPa (8992psi).
• Temperature range (standard materials): -20°C to +100°C (-4°F to +212°F).
• Maximum surface speed: 0.5m/s (98.4fpm). For higher speeds please consult our Technical Support Team.