Our specially developed SpringSafe technique:
• Provides positive spring retention for WalkerseleR D6 and D7 radial lip seals.
• Intimately cures the lip-energising spring into the spring groove to keep the spring securely in position during installation and operation.
• Allows spring coils to move freely for efficient lip seal operation. With SpringSafe, plant operators enjoy peace-of-mind that the lip-energising springs on their endless-type seals are properly located at installation and cannot readily be dislodged to create secondary damage when a shaft or bearing runs beyond recommended operating limits.
SpringSafe is particularly beneficial on sealing duties where unprotected springs are subjected to the corrosive or abrasive media found in metallurgical processing, marine applications, pulp and paper processing, and petrochemical processing.
Walkersele SpringSafe materials
SpringSafe is currently available for Walkerseles that are precision moulded in:
• Nitrile (NBR) elastomer — ie, materials M1 and M6.
• Hydrogenated nitriles (HNBR) — including our Elast-O-Lion and reformulated HNBR Ultraglide grades.